Sunday, July 25, 2010

LURE to OTHERS

So LURE 1850 is done...again.  Hahaha. How many times have I said that?  Enough to double the size of the book.
Right now I have it out to an editor who's giving it a final go through.  I've given serious thought to how I want to approach getting the work out there, and I've decided to roll with it this way:
I haven't queried or sent the book out for over a year, and even then it was to one agent and the Delacorte book contest. Since then the book has doubled in size and taken on a new life (who knew?)
I'm not sending LURE out to a gazillion agents. There are a handful of agents I feel would be a great fit with me as a writer. I'll query them and see what happens.  If nothing happens, then I'll get things going myself. 
The book is great, the time is right, I have no fear!

Now it's time to finish OTHERS.  Ahhhh, dystopia. Gonna get my sci-fi hat on and start cranking!  No rest for the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment