Thursday, July 7, 2011

SINK OR SWIM TIME

Getting ready to launch!  LURE: 1850 will go on sale sometime this summer through Smashwords.
For almost ten years I have actively pursued publishing my work. Now, finally, the dream is becoming reality.

For years, I imagined an editor combing through my final draft for nitpickers and awkward prose before my books' release, but that responsibility is now my own, with help from two awesome critique groups and a few outside readers to give the work a fresh eye. I always imagined an agent walking me through my first publication, but instead my critique groups, along with friends and family, will support me. I stay up to date with what's happening in publishing through reading  numerous blogs and industry websites and attending SCBWI events.

There is no safety net. It's all up to me. It's nerve wracking and I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't shaking in my boots, but LURE is ready. It won first place at an SCBWI event in 2009, it has received excellent feedback, it's been rewritten many times, and it's going though one more treatment before the big day. It's ready, and I'm ready. It's time to trust the work is good, release it, and move on to another rewrite of OTHERS.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. There is no try, only do. The is no sink, only swim. Stroke Cindy, stroke!

    ReplyDelete